Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS (dscp-to-exp mutation) on Sup-2T/Cat6500

Alex Kitaichik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I ran into interesting issue on Sup-2T. As you probably know, QoS CLI is changed on this new supervisor. I'm looking to translate incoming dscp-marked packets, into exp-marked on egress.

Now, according to documentation - Catalyst 6500 Release 15.0SY Software Configuration Guide - this functionality is still called mutation-map and is configured under 'platform qos map exp-mutation'. The problem is quite simple – there is no 'platform qos map exp-mutation' on 2 different machines I checked upon. Here:

Some-6513(config)#platform qos ?
  10g-only           qos pure 10G mode
  aggregate-policer  Named aggregate policer
  marking            marking keyword

police             police keyword
  protocol           protocol keyword
  queueing-only      queueing-only (no QoS rewrite,  no policing)
  rewrite            packet qos rewrite enable/disable                 
  statistics-export  qos statistics data export

What do you think I'm missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alex,

The command is hidden, as far as I know because it is not supported and replaced by "table-maps". If you press enter after "platform qos map" it will say incomplete command, so it's still there but hidden.

You could use the "table-map" command instead and "show table-map" to verify the config. Details in the guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/configuration/guide/qos_global_and_if.html

Best regards,

Andras

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alex,

The command is hidden, as far as I know because it is not supported and replaced by "table-maps". If you press enter after "platform qos map" it will say incomplete command, so it's still there but hidden.

You could use the "table-map" command instead and "show table-map" to verify the config. Details in the guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/configuration/guide/qos_global_and_if.html

Best regards,

Andras

Thank You.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card