I have a strange QoS problem with one Cisco7600 (sup7203BXL, IOS 12.2(33)SRE6).
This is layer 2 traffic,and all ports are L2 dot1q trunks:
1) Packet comes with DSCP 46 on Gigabit port (WS6728-SFP) with "mls qos trust dscp" configured. It goes out the port of the same card/slot with DSCP 0.
2) packet comes with DSCP 46 on different Gigabit port on the same card/slot with "mls qos trust dscp" and also "mls qos vlan-based" configured. It qoes out out the port with DSCP 46.
Why the switch behave differently if "mls qos vlan-based" is configured on port (or to say it works correct since it doesn't override DSCP)?
I have global command "mls qos rewrite ip dscp" since this 7600 is also MPLS PE router and I found in documentation that "mls qos rewite ip dscp" is mandatory for QoS on MPLS (EXP bits). So I can't turn off "rewrite ip dscp". Again the problem that I presents is L2 problem not MPLS (MPLS is used for different traffic).
Also mls qos mappings are ok COS to DSCp are 5 to 46 and vice versa.
Furthermore, as far as I know if I have configured "mls qos trust dscp" on Gigabit ethernet port, switch (7600) should work in this order:
- make internal DSCP from packet DSCP
- since I don't have configured DSCP mutation DSCP should stay the same (46)
- using map DSCP - COS ( 46 -5 ) switch will choose queue on outgoing interface in regards to mapped COS
PRTG system in place running other sensors on the same host, which are working. Ive added syslog receiver sensor and receiving PRTG data from switch that increases drops, errors and warning stats that disappear after a few minutes. Within mess...
Hi, here is an example how to configure IP-NAT, GRE, IPSEC. I've seen plenty of questions and this might be a good solution! (Mostly the use of commands that might remind u) IP NAT======================================================================...
Hi everyone.I have a problem in my Network.So i have 3 routers and a firewall in my topology. I have configured OSPF and all routers works expect R3 (see in the image below)When I watch my neignbor in R3 it says :192.168.7.7 1 INIT/DROTHER 00:00:37 10.0.2...
Host Onboarding is the term used when connecting an endpoint (hosts , IOT , Other devices) to the fabric , and can be accomplished in a couple of ways.One option is the "static" approach as oppose to the dynamic and secure approach using&nbs...