Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS policy to offer customers different internet speeds

aevans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a project where I have a 1GB link from our ISP. I have a number of customers that are buying internet services from us at different speeds. I would like to offer them the below. my 1st question would be is this possible through a nested QoS policy and what would it look like? I will be using ASR1002-x routers to do this.

Break down the circuit into 10x100MB

break one of the chunks into 10x 10MB

have a connection of 10:1

then I would like to take another 100MB chunk and break this down into 5x20MB

then I would like to take another 100MB chunk and break this down into 20x5MB

I am very new to QoS as "auto qos" has always been all I've needed.

Thanks

Ant

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unclear what you expect by breaking down.  However, using CBWFQ, you can have different classes, each with its own shaper.  If you provide each customer their own class, you can regulate each customer's bandwidth.

NB: there is a limit to how many classes a CBWFQ policy supports.  (Later variants, 256[?].)

Also understand, for traffic coming from the Internet, although you can control what a customer can obtain, bandwidth wise, their traffic can might overrun you link's ingress capacity (because a shaper, or policer, is downstream).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card