cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS through ISP

Rui Niu
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys! there is a big problem with me about QoS.

i have two uplinks through the ISP.the first one,i called A,act as the main line.the second one,i called B,is the backup line.both of them are connected to the data center of headquarters.all the traffic is sent through A.now,i have a new system and the traffic of it is very large.so,i need to use B.but i want to use some tec of QoS to make sure of one thing.when A is unavailable,i need to guarantee the traffic can switch to B without the influence of the new system ' s traffic on B.that is,i should suppress traffic of the new system onB.llq can do that.but A and B are through the ISP.the speed is 100M.but i can only use some of the bandwith,for example,30M.unfortunately,congestion management like llq can't do that without link congestion.because the physical speed is 100M.

I have no idea......

could any one solve my problem?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

When you have a link which has a logical bandwidth limit less than the physical interface bandwidth, the QoS solution is to implement a shaper that matches the logical bandwidth limit.  The shaper will queue traffic when it exceeds the logical limit, and often you can apply additional QoS to manage the shaper's congestion.  (NB: Not all network devices support shaping.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card