cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rc110w traffic from wan to lan is blocked.

claus.pedersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have two RC110W routers, and need to configure my second router without firewall and only router.

My setup is like:

Public internet ==> Router1 ( Lan setup 10.10.10.1 DHCP 10.10.10.2-99) 

Router2 wan port is connect to Router1 LAN with IP: 10.10.10.100 (LAN port on Router2 setup 10.10.11.1 DHCP 10.10.11.2.99)

Internet and normal trafficfrom Router2 to router1 10.10.10.1/24 is working fine, the problem is traffic from Router1 to Router2 10.10.11.1/24

I have disabled the firewall and created son manual Routes in Router1 to point traffic into the right IP Adress, Something is blocking the traffic and i can't find the problem. I can do normal NAT mapping, but i just want a router.

Any solution ??

Best regards,

Claus P.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Claus,

is the LAN port on Router 2 configured as 'Excluded' from the default VLAN (as described on oage 32 of the attached user guide)?

All LAN ports by default belong to VLAN 1, since you are using two different IP address ranges which then would essentially belong to the same Vlan, this might explain the connectivity problems...

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv110w/administration/guide/rv110w_admin.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello Claus,

is the LAN port on Router 2 configured as 'Excluded' from the default VLAN (as described on oage 32 of the attached user guide)?

All LAN ports by default belong to VLAN 1, since you are using two different IP address ranges which then would essentially belong to the same Vlan, this might explain the connectivity problems...

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv110w/administration/guide/rv110w_admin.pdf

Hi,

Thanks,

After reconfiguring the vLan ports, i was able to type in a route to Router1 and Router2 accepted and now everything is working as planed.

Best regards,

Claus P.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card