cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

received BGP routes not populating table

jmcgrady1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ISR 4451 running ios 15.5(2)S1c.  It has a number of eBGP peers which have been working fine for ages.  Ive added a new BGP peer simply via

router bgp <my-as>

bgp log-neighbor-changes

neighbor 10.66.250.202 remote-as 12076

sh ip bgp summ shows the peering as good.

When i run "show ip bgp nei 10.66.250.202 received-routes" it correctly lists the advertisements i expect.

However "show ip route bgp" does not list these routes. What troubleshooting steps should i take to see why the received routes arent being loaded into the local table?

3 Replies 3

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The command show ip bgp neighbour 10.66.250.202 received-routes shows you bgp prefixes from neighbor 10.66.250.202 before applying all filters. So, if you don't see prefixes in bgp table what you expect look at the inbound filters for neighbor 10.66.250.202

Hello,

do you have access to the eBGP peering configuration of the other side (the neighbor) ? Can you post that ?

Hello

@jmcgrady1 wrote:

When i run "show ip bgp nei 10.66.250.202 received-routes" it correctly lists the advertisements i expect.

However "show ip route bgp" does not list these routes. What troubleshooting steps should i take to see why the received routes arent being loaded into the local table?

As its been stated already seeing prefixes in the bgp table doesn't necessarily mean those routes will make into the routing table as by default only the best calculated route(s) to these prefixes are accepted by the router.

Can you post the output of the bpg table pertaining t those routes?
sh ip bgp
sh ip bgp | in xxxxx

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card