Views
Helpful
Replies

Recently Purchased C1117-4P

pdunnington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Community section and if so please feel free to move it to a more suitable location.

I recently bought a Cisco ISR C1117-4P from a UK reseller BT Business Direct.

On registering this router on Cisco MyDevices it indicates that there is no Support/Software coverage. Is this correct?

Kind Regards,

Paul

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@pdunnington wrote:

Does that mean that my brand new Cisco C1117-4P (purchased 16th March 2022) doesn't come with any warranty or software maintenance as standard?

By default, the router has a 12-month warranty.  That is it. 

If the router needs firmware update, it is not covered.

if the router fails after 12-months, it is not covered. 

View solution in original post

"So I'm not able to download any software updates or submit any TAC support requests for it?"

You need a valid contract to be able to download software and/or open a TAC.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi

This device is not End of Life if is that what you want to know. What is can be warning is that this device has not support contract.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This means the router is not covered in any warranty or software maintenance whatsoever.

If you have the official receipt with the name of the seller, you can purchase maintenance contract for the router.

pdunnington
Level 1
Level 1

@Flavio Miranda

@Leo Laohoo

Thank you both for your quick replies, very much appreciated.

So forgive my ignorance as I'm not that familiar with new Cisco equipment and just for complete clarity; Does that mean that my brand new Cisco C1117-4P (purchased 16th March 2022) doesn't come with any warranty or software maintenance as standard? So I'm not able to download any software updates or submit any TAC support requests for it?

Kind Regards,

Paul

@pdunnington wrote:

Does that mean that my brand new Cisco C1117-4P (purchased 16th March 2022) doesn't come with any warranty or software maintenance as standard?

By default, the router has a 12-month warranty.  That is it. 

If the router needs firmware update, it is not covered.

if the router fails after 12-months, it is not covered. 

"So I'm not able to download any software updates or submit any TAC support requests for it?"

You need a valid contract to be able to download software and/or open a TAC.

pdunnington
Level 1
Level 1

@Flavio Miranda

@Leo Laohoo

Thanks both for making that clear. I genuinely didn't know that there was no maintenance/support contract included. I expected a complimentary 30 or 90 days such as the likes of Netgear, Extreme, HP etc. Especially on a £450, US $560,  Euro €530 device.

Frankly, I don't think I would have purchased the C1117-4P if I'd known that before.

@Leo Laohoo  "If you have the official receipt with the name of the seller, you can purchase maintenance contract for the router." 

I do have this; how do I go about purchasing a maintenance contract? Is it possible to do this direct from Cisco, or is only available from resellers?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hi

You need to contact a reseller.

@pdunnington wrote:

I do have this; how do I go about purchasing a maintenance contract? Is it possible to do this direct from Cisco, or is only available from resellers?

Contact the reseller first.

pdunnington
Level 1
Level 1

@Flavio Miranda

@Leo Laohoo

Thank you both for your replies. Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for clarifying the situation; much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card