cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendations for equipment refresh

dmc3106cisco
Level 1
Level 1

The healthcare organization I work for has joined forces with the local hospital and plans to upgrade/refresh equipment in the near future.  Currently, our network and the hospital's networks work independently but will likely become 'one'.  Our organization has several sites with a 3750Catalyst at the main site and 2651XM's at the remotes performing routing duties. Metro-E links connect our offices. Otherwise, there are are many 3650 POE 10/100 switches for the access layer.  I believe the hospital has 5000 or 6000 series chassis supporting their network.  Future services, which our organization does not currently have, may include Cisco VOIP telephony.  I would appreciate insight anyone can provide recommendations for what type equipment would be a good fit for our organization to upgrade to.  If further details is needs, I will be glad to provide.  thanks -

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Otherwise, there are are many 3650 POE 10/100 switches for the access layer.

If you are only using the 3560 as a Layer 2 access switch then I'd be looking at the new 2960S family.

I believe the hospital has 5000 or 6000 series chassis supporting their network.

If you want to upgrade this then I'd consider waiting for a few more months for the new VS-Sup2T will be coming out.  Do NOT buy any blades "in anticipation" until the new supervisor blade comes out before August 2011.

Future services, which our organization does not currently have, may include Cisco VOIP telephony.

Whaaaa?  No wireless?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card