cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Red Critical LED on ASR1002 routers

pweinhold
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased a couple new Cisco ASR1002-F routers and I've been testing them out on our network. They appear to be working fine, but the red "Critical" LED on the front is constantly illuminated on both of the routers. Has anyone else experienced this? The ASR documentation says that it will be "On at power up" but mine is staying on all the time.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

Check for the following o/p:

show facility-alarm status

GigabitEthernet0/0/0       CRITICAL      Physical Port Link Down [1]

GigabitEthernet0/0/2       CRITICAL      Physical Port Link Down [1]

See if you have any ports down or if it says CRITICAL anywhere in the above o/p.

As far as I'm aware, the Critical LED will always be illuminated when it detects an

Critical alarm, this is embedded in the IOS code and cannot be switched off.

The interface and the line protocol are down on these interfaces. Once you connect these

ports and the interface and line protocols are up, the "CRITICAL" status will change and

the Critical LED will no longer be illuminated.

You may test this by establishing connectivity on the ports or administratively shutting

down the interface and you should see the Critical LED will no longer be illuminated.

HTH,

Rate, if helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

Check for the following o/p:

show facility-alarm status

GigabitEthernet0/0/0       CRITICAL      Physical Port Link Down [1]

GigabitEthernet0/0/2       CRITICAL      Physical Port Link Down [1]

See if you have any ports down or if it says CRITICAL anywhere in the above o/p.

As far as I'm aware, the Critical LED will always be illuminated when it detects an

Critical alarm, this is embedded in the IOS code and cannot be switched off.

The interface and the line protocol are down on these interfaces. Once you connect these

ports and the interface and line protocols are up, the "CRITICAL" status will change and

the Critical LED will no longer be illuminated.

You may test this by establishing connectivity on the ports or administratively shutting

down the interface and you should see the Critical LED will no longer be illuminated.

HTH,

Rate, if helpful

Alright, that seemed to solve it. It was the ports not being Admin'd down and also I was only using one of the two power supplies.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card