Views
Helpful
Replies

Redesign of a Complex WAN network

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a need to redesign a very complex network. It is needlessly complex due to multiple acquisitions of other companies. There are many point-to-point frame relays and because of the sometimes overlapping network schemes of 24/7 connected customers super-human feats of engineering have had to be done in order to make the network work. I want to change this one network at a time. It is a hub and spoke design. I was thinking of going to a VPN solution but am concerned about the additional per packet overhead involved. I think I will get the opportunity to actually change the IP scheme for the remote offices whenever I make the major changes. Any thoughts on going from point-to-point to a VPN solution or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies

3 Replies 3

johansens
Level 4
Level 4

You could look into either buying a IP VPN from a service provider or build it yourself..

If you buy the IP VPN from a provider, you can use DMVPN's afterwards to build your own hub-and-spoke structures as you want...

Did it help?

Thanks. Well that is one vote for VPN. Thanks!

Hi again,

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly.. when I said IP VPN, I meant MPLS IP VPN... not IPSec VPN's... :)

Did it help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card