Views
Helpful
Replies

Redesign of a Complex WAN network

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have a need to redesign a very complex network. It is needlessly complex due to multiple acquisitions of other companies. There are many point-to-point frame relays and because of the sometimes overlapping network schemes of 24/7 connected customers super-human feats of engineering have had to be done in order to make the network work. I want to change this one network at a time. It is a hub and spoke design. I was thinking of going to a VPN solution but am concerned about the additional per packet overhead involved. I think I will get the opportunity to actually change the IP scheme for the remote offices whenever I make the major changes. Any thoughts on going from point-to-point to a VPN solution or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies

3 Replies 3

johansens
Level 4
Level 4

You could look into either buying a IP VPN from a service provider or build it yourself..

If you buy the IP VPN from a provider, you can use DMVPN's afterwards to build your own hub-and-spoke structures as you want...

Did it help?

Thanks. Well that is one vote for VPN. Thanks!

Hi again,

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly.. when I said IP VPN, I meant MPLS IP VPN... not IPSec VPN's... :)

Did it help?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card