cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute BGP routes to EIGRP with different metric for different prefixes

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

I have BGP learned prefixes that I want to redistribute into EIGRP but with different metrics. I use a route-map with a "set metric +512000" (with or without the + sign) but that does not take effect... I still receive the same metric with the default redistribute metric.

router eigrp 100
 redistribute bgp 64911 metric 128 11000 1 1 1 route-map BGP-to-EIGRP
!
route-map BGP-to-EIGRP permit 10
 match ip address prefix-list PFL1
route-map BGP-to-EIGRP permit 20
 match ip address prefix-list PFL2
 set metric +512000

Did I do anything wrong? If not, is there another way to achieve this result?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

You might have to specify all 5 K-values since you are redistributing into EIGRP to manipulate the metric. Perhaps this will work?

set metric 512000 100 255 1 1500

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

You might have to specify all 5 K-values since you are redistributing into EIGRP to manipulate the metric. Perhaps this will work?

set metric 512000 100 255 1 1500

That looks promising! I will try as soon as I get in the office. Thank you!

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

According to Document 49111 (Table 2), the set metric +/- eigrp-metric option is not supported in route-maps.

Not sure if this document is still up-to-date (last change 2005), but it actually says that the +/- form isn't supported at all in redistribution route-maps, regardless of the routing-protocol:

"The +/- form of this command is not currently supported in redistribution route-maps, and it is actually interpreted as the set metric command with the sign omitted."

I'd also suggest to try the classic set metric option.

HTH

Rolf

Thanks but I have tried both +- and without it so just straight set metric, neither one works... Please help. Thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: