Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redistribute eigrp into bgp

I have two data centers that have a one gig fiber link between both of the cores that the data centers

(3750's) we run eigrp in our network. At data center 1 i have a 7206 with a 100MB sprint mpls link that runs BGP between it and our remote sites. I have setup mutual eigrp-bgp redistribution so that the remote sites get eigrp routes in BGP and my datacenter get the BGP routes in to EIGRP. Now at datacenter 2 i also have a 7206 with a 10MB sprint mpls link that i want to uses as a backup. The problem as soon as i setup bgp it get the routes from BGP and they take over the EIGRP routes and now all my traffic goes over that 10MB Link to datacenter 1 and not the 1gig that is on the cores. anyone have something like this setup?

15 Replies 15

hi,

1. The sites which is connected to your DC2 7200 router via point to point , if it try to reach your DC1 server it should go via your 1 gig link and it should not use your 10 Mbps mpls link. is this your requirement ?

2.  what is the AS number you are using for DC1 DC2 and remote sites connected to mpls cloud.  Is it the same AS number or different AS number.

Regards,

Hariharan k

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card