Views
Helpful
Replies

redistribute ospf to BGP issue

mehrdad
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've redistributed ospf to BGP and it works properly (quagga and cisco 6500 series) but sometime when a route is removed from OSPF cloud the BGP (cisco) doesn't update BGP advertisement to neighbors which it's peered so I've to clear bgp manually (not soft) , anyone face to this issue before? I can see the below logging at cisco as well :

%TCP-2-INVALIDTCB: Invalid TCB pointer: 0x0

Process= "*Sched*", ipl= 0

Traceback= ............

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mehrdad

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mehrdad

I have not experienced quite this scenario and so can not speak from direct experience. But I can say that any time you get a traceback it is a sign of a software problem. I would guess that the solution to your issue may be a software upgrade (or downgrade) to a version that does not have this problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mehrdad,

I agree with Rick:

IOS SW fails to prepare the TCP segment that probably is the missing BGP update for the message you see.

Error message decoder says:

1. %TCP-2-INVALIDTCB: Invalid TCB pointer: [hex]

An invalid TCB is being used.

Recommended Action: If this message recurs, copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

The only check I would do is to verify the amount of free memory on the router with

sh proc mem | inc Free

But it is likely a SW bug.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you for replies

what's your idea about upgrading IOS? maybe it solves fast? it has c6sup22-psv-mz.121-26.E3.bin

I checked the memory as well and it has enough free memory.

sh proc mem | i Free

Total: 435758304, Used: 258693100, Free: 177065204

PID TTY Allocated Freed Holding Getbufs Retbufs Process

Thanks,

Mehrdad

Mehrdad

My idea about upgrading the IOS is that if you get a version of IOS that does not have this software bug, then the solution will be very fast.

I believe that the suggestion to check free memory was just a defensive suggestion to be sure that the error was not memory exhaustion leading to the error. For upgrading the image file the key things to check are the amount of flash and the amount of memory. The output of show version should clarify both of these variables.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Mehrdad,

memory is fine so it should be a SW bug.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: