Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribute static into BGP issue

HI everyone,

I am occuring a issue of bgp redistribution. There is a static route on Cisco Router 7200 , commands just like as below:

#ip route 12.1.1.0 255.255.255.0  10.1.1.1 tag 10

route-map cisco per 10

match tag 10

router bgp 12

redistribute static route-map cisco

the static route can be shown in "show ip bgp" .

After i change the static route ( i add a same static route with tag 20,i think it's can cover the same static route that done before):

ip route 12.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 tag 20

route-map cisco per 10

no match tag 10

match tag 20

router bgp 12

redistri static route-map cisco

after change the config,i tried to "clear ip bgp * soft ,but there is no that route shown by "show ip bgp " command. 

So,i delete the static route,and add it again:

#no ip route 12.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 

#ip route 12.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 tag 20

Then, i tried to "clear ip bgp * soft”,the static route is shown by "show ip bgp "

i want to know what reason about this issue, it's a expected?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
4 Replies 4

cisc0.ameer
Level 1
Level 1

hi sir

You mean first you wrote something then changed it finally after changing that will not appear in output show ip bgp

How it related to changing ??

what is Your IOS version?

and do you sure when You changed it you did not clear of all them and verify that by

getting show run | s [bgp]

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think clearing the protocol will do anything, you would need to be able to clear redistribution, and I don't there's any way to do that other than removing and readding the redistribute line under BGP config.

Hi cisc0.ameer & cmarva

Thanks for your response!

I also think it should be remove and re adding the commands, maybe it can be work well.

BR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

Hello

I guess if you cleared the bgb rib with a soft reset then it would have updated accordingly

clear ip bgp * soft 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco