cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistributing specific routes to DMVPN spokes

roliveira11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All! I was hoping to get some thoughts around a projects I'm undergoing.

We have a pair of Nexus 7706's that have seven static routes to our Parent company's LAN networks ( via a 10G point-to-point connection using a /29 prefix-simple stuff)..
Attached to the 7706's are a pair of ISR 4451's, acting as the DMVPN hubs (phase 3).. the 7706's and the ISR4451's are ibgp peers...I'm looking for thoughts on how to best
advertise those seven routes to our DMVPN spoke routers at each branch office ( the ISR4451 HUBS are ebgp peers with all of the ISR4331 Spokes at each site)..
that's one thought.. the curveball - I need to NAT the branch locations source IP's as it will conflict with certain prefixes being used at our parent company.. so I'm thinking a vrf(VASI interface) on the ISR4451 DMVPN Hubs? - That directly connect to the Nexus 7706's..that will have static routing configured for the seven prefixes.
I think I can do that on the ISR's?? Too bad the 7k's can't do NAT ;)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Rob

1 Reply 1

AndreaTornaghi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I hope that you have already finished your project, however I suppose that your idea to configure NAT rule on ISR 4451 was the only solution for your problem.

I'm not sure about vrf interface configuration, I think that source NAT would be enough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: