Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution of eBGP routes into OSPF

starbearer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a few Hub offices A and B running on MPLS (eBGP) with the provider and other branch offices C and D running on OSPF (IPSEC over Internet). A new MPLS site came up, E,  but it has not internet connection yet. I'm trying to make this site reachable to the OSPF offices. I redistributed the route learnt via BGP for the new office into OSPF and it is being learnt too. I just cant seem to forward traffic to it. The trace just shows traffic reaching the main hub office but going nowhere after that.     

So basically, E is reachable from A and B over MPLS. A and B are reachable to C and D over OSPF. But E is not reachable to C and D.

Also, the reverse is working. From E, I can reach C and D. Traffic comes to A and then goes out through the Tunnels. In the forward, from C and D, traffic comes to A and then nothing happens.

What could be wrong? Please help.     

7 Replies 7

Hello

Could you post a simple topology so I can and maybe others can visualize the setup?

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Simple topology attached

Hello

Can you see Hubs E routes in OSPF?

Would post the route table for this and maye some trace routes

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

C and D have visbility of A and B subnets because they all participate in OSPF. C and D have no vsibility of E subnet because E does not participate in OSPF. What you would need to do is allow for redistribution between OSPF and BGP. In your diagram do A and B represent a site or a single device? i.e. at site A and B do you have 1 router doing both BGP and OSPF or mutliple routers?

I now added static route on C and D for E's subnet. It points to the tunnel which C and D have with A. Even now, it doesnt go ahead than A.

To answer your questions:

@pdriver: yes, I could

@mfurnival: Both A and B have one router which do both OSPF and BGP. A and B are different sites on the MPLS. they are running BGP with the provider router and learning each other's as well as E's routes through the BGP with the provider.

Another update: I added a static route for C, on A's GRE Tunnel interface (ip route Tunnel-interface-to-site-C) and it started working. C is able to reach E now. How?? Why??

Hello

You haven't posted any routes table outputs to understand the reachability but if if now works congratulations - I guess adding the statics
Established connectivity

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card