cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redundant routing

majumdarc
Level 1
Level 1

Below is the rough outline of the network architecture.

Goal is to establish redundant connectivity with end-x from both  DC and offices.The green line is primary and the red is the backup. Backup need to invoke automatucally is green fails by routing policy.

Thanks in advance for suggesting the best guide.

5 Replies 5

Hi Chandan,

One way to do is to make 5 tunnels on End-X towards respective locations.

Then for your paths which are in Red ( tunnels), make them as backup tunnel or even you can have dynamic routing with higher cost on those tunnels.

So that when your primary tunnels goes down, it will be automatically shifted on secondary links.

HTH,

Smitesh

thanks ..

Just want to put more information like its not like a 5 tunnels as indicated by 5 red and green lines..The remote  End-X need to access from all locations which are on interoffice MPLS.

I need to put /propagate routes on both DC in such a way that if CE router site-A fails the traffic will automatically will moved  through CE router site-B.

Thanks in advance,Any design guide /suggession is available so that i can do a Proof of concept?

any one have any option /suggession or related link to share

DMVPN with IPSec architecture is the best solution you can go;

I Assume that the office's are well connected via MPLS with BGP as a CE to PE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/DMVPN_1.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008014bcd7.shtml

Outline Solution:-

1.Run BGP as a base protocol in every CE router, including DC/Office/End X

2.Make DC1 as Primary DMVPN Hub and DC2 as a secondary DMVPN Hub.

Hence the End-X will have only two SPoke to Hub dmvpn tunnels to Hub site and if End-X wants to connect remote offices, then it can establish spoke to spoke dmvpn tunnel automatically.

Hope this wil give you outline plan.

Thanks / Samy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card