Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote user unable to access member server

dmccaslin
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have an issue with my 2851 route and PIX515e.  Remote users are unable to access our member servers but are able to access the Domain controllers.  I have included our config files for both the PIX and 2851 router.  This address is resolving from the DNS.  I can ping the DC's but I am unable to ping the member server by name or IP address.  What am I missing?

Dan Mc.

1 Reply 1

rwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming that your Domain Controllers are not normally accessible then we can assume that your VPN tunnel is providing connectivity.  The next step it to determine if routes exist and if they are allowed, but we do not have any information about the subnet that the member servers are located.  My initial gut feeling is that

Please provide the subnet information to the member services. 

You may also want to provide the Domain Controller subnet information so we can more quickly identify what is different about the two routes and access-list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card