cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required to log in twice to embedded AP (C887VA-W-E-K9)

Darren Coleman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently acquired a C887VA-W-E-K9 router and have been trying to configure it for VDSL & wireless.

I have got as far as a basic configuration, however when I enter service-module wlan-ap 0 session I am prompted to enter a username and password twice before I am dropped into exec mode.

I am connecting to the router via SSH, rather than the console, if that matters.

Router config:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization exec default local

username admin privilege 15 secret 5 XXXXX

AP config has the same lines as above.

Since service-module wlan-ap 0 session shows a banner (which I have only configured in the main router config, not within the AP IOS config) I am assuming at this point that the first prompt for username & password is actually for the router, and the second prompt is for the AP?

Is there a way I can simply disable the need to log in at all when I type service-module wlan-ap 0 session, since I would guess this is a EXEC-only command anyway?  Logging into the AP when I'm already logged in and exec'd to the router seems like an unnecessary overcomplicated step?

Thanks in advance for any advice given :)

2 Replies 2

Hello

I have never had exposure to this modal however try this - also how are you accessing the router- (via console or telnet/ssh?)

aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization console
aaa authorization exec default if-authenticated

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that.  At initial glance it doesn't seem to have fixed it, though it's hard to tell sometimes because it seems like the integrated wlan IOS "remembers" sessions and lets me in with just one login.  Other times, when it's "cold", it doesn't.

Not the end of the world, but annoying.  Thanks for your help :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card