benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Please see attached

between L3-Sw and ISP-RTR eBGP is up and running

between L3-Sw and Nexus1 iBGP/OSPF is up and running

between L3-Sw and Nexus2 iBGP/OSPF is up and running

so i have a ip address on RTR1 which is pingable from ISP-RTR,  and on the L3-SW

i have configured the iBGP neighbor statements  with bfd fall-over and I have the failover downt to just loosing 1 ping 

my question is how would i provide resilience from Nexus devices to L3-SW.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

First of all you dont have resilience with one L3 switch only. If your L3 switch fail, your network crashes.

I´d install 2 L3 swich, connect each switch to each nexus.

The same for DC switch.

After this change on the phisycal topology, we can start play with the logical  topology. 

Hi

The L3SW is actually a stack switch production .

Thanks

Then ok. Just make sure you are using differents boxes for different connections. For example, I see Gi0/0 and Gi0/1 connecting to Nexus, those interface are suppose to be the same box. The second box would ne like Gi1/0.  But it can be just a detail on the topology.

Well, once phyisically you are ok and you have BGP running, you do have resilience.

Hi

The snip attached in the original question is just my lab,  In production we have a vPC between Nexus 1 & 2 to each stack member.

I have been advised not to run iBGP over a vPC so was wondering how I would provide reiliency for each seperate iBGP connection between Nexus and Core stack.??

Thanks

in the design, if the nexus is vPC, suggest using the vPC towards L3 switch side also , make sure you connect each nexus different stack member switch.

nexus1 - L3 swtch 1 in stack 

nexus2  -L3 swtch 2 in stack 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji

See my response to Miranda please.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card