cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route ISR4451-X/K9 unable to rdc to widows xp

marcusc19899
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there I will like to check, before I change the route I can rdc to my widows XP pc but after I change it to a new routs ISR4451-X/K9 I unable to rdc to my widows xp pc, I have try to ping the IP address and the gateway is all good can you help me on this 

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need more information, what is the source IP and what is XP IP, what is the IP address ?

what changes you have done ?

show some configuration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Both uses the same IP address. There's no changes to any of the configuration on my equipment. But after my network contractor change their router, my equipment is unable to RDC anymore.

As I'm not sure about what the network , I can brief you on what I have done on my end.

My equipment is using win xp all along and using their old router, rdc can be established. After changing router to the above model that I have stated, I'm unable to rdc to my win xp unless I use a win 7 pc. 

We check on telnet 3389 port and it is established. Firewall is turn off for my equipment is for my network contractor, firewall is established for linkup from my base to my site.

I have attached the error that is shown when I try to rdc below.

IMG-20211122-WA0003.jpg

Hello,

RDC (RDP) uses TCP/UDP port 3389. Are you doing NAT on your router ? 

Post the running config of the new 4451...

Both uses the same IP address. There's no changes to any of the configuration on my equipment. But after my network contractor change their router, my equipment is unable to RDC anymore.

As I'm not sure about what the network , I can brief you on what I have done on my end.

My equipment is using win xp all along and using their old router, rdc can be established. After changing router to the above model that I have stated, I'm unable to rdc to my win xp unless I use a win 7 pc. 

We check on telnet 3389 port and it is established. Firewall is turn off for my equipment is for my network contractor, firewall is established for linkup from my base to my site.

I have attached the error that is shown when I try to rdc below.

marcusc19899_0-1637546666433.jpeg

Hello,

what if you configure RDC for another port, other tha 3389 ?

Post the output of:

show ip nat portblock dynamic global

yes is  3389 Both uses the same IP address. There's no changes to any of the configuration on my equipment. But after my network contractor change their router, my equipment is unable to RDC anymore.

Hello

We check on telnet 3389 port and it is established

I would say check with administrator of the new router, regards any policy negating RDP however you mention the above.

So the telnet session on 3389 does that orignate from your wk7 pc towards the XP pc, if so I assume XP-XP works?

Have you tried sending an RA from the XP to the wk7 pc and try to establish a connection that way?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Can try reply 

‘yes, i believe my networking contractor has establish a connection. We are able to ping over to our equipment on site. Just unable to rdc’

Hello

“yes”

if yes for successful rdp connection  from xp to xp but not from wk7 then i would say it’s not relating to your new rtr, check your pcs remote properties to make sure rdp accepts ALL  versions of rdp

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

Yes I have accepts all versions of RDP but still the same 

IMG-20211122-WA0003.jpg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card