cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route map and Policy based route

TRACY HARTMANN
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a route-map in that goes through an access list and if you match the ACL the next-hop is something different then the gateway of last resort.  If I want something to go the default route, I just deny the ip on the ACL.   Now there will be a third option.  So it goes through the ACL drops and instead of going to the default gateway I might want it to go another way, then go to the default if it doesn't match.    Unfortantely it looks like I can't have to match statements under a route-map.  What would be the best way?

traffic comes in -----gets looked at for IP address and either takes route1, route 2 or drops out 

This is really what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure that I fully understand what you are describing. But I believe that the answer for what you want to accomplish is to have multiple statements in the route map. It might look something like this

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address ACL1

set ip next-hop a.b.c.d

route-map PBR permit 20

match ip address ACL2

set ip next-hop w.x.y.z

You would have to work out the logic of ACL1 and ACL2 so that they permit the right traffic to go to each alternate path.

HTH

Rick

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tracy,

what Richard suggests is the right way to go :

you need to configure multiple route-map clauses with different sequence numbers to perform different actions on different traffic flows.

Because Cisco PBR defaults to standard destination based routing to silently drop you can use

set interface null0

This means set outgoing interface = null0  = drop it

use the command with caution as the null0 is a waste bin that allows silent drops of what is sent to it.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card