cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Map with IOS-XE Guestshell

WGL_BK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to use a route map to designate an egress interface/next hop IP for iperf traffic from one branch router's Guestshell to another. I applied the route map to the virtualportgroup 0 interface but traffic from the Guestshell traffic doesn't seem to be obeying it. Wondering where I'd need to apply the route map, or if this is even possible. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Route-map how you apply, since this Virtual port group - like VRF, how you doing want to check, may be some Limitation here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

most cases - Guest Shell environment is intended for tools, Linux utilities, and manageability rather than networking.

but i would be more intrested to look your configuraiton to undertand and confirm what works and what is not going to work.

BB

Hello Balaji. Thanks for your prompt reply. Would you like my route-map config, my guestshell config or both?

Route-map how you apply, since this Virtual port group - like VRF, how you doing want to check, may be some Limitation here.

BB

Balaji, it seems I made a basic mistake. I used "set interface" in the route-map clause and I didn't set the link to P2P. I changed to "set ip next-hop" and now I'm seeing traffic match the route-maps. My apologies, and thank you because I wouldn't have rechecked my config if you hadn't asked for it.

Below is the corrected, working version for both sites. Seems to work as expected.

interface VirtualPortGroup0
 description -- GUESTSHELL I/F --
 ip address 10.4.0.1 255.255.255.0
 ip policy route-map RM_site1
 ip ospf 28 area 0

ip access-list extended ACL_to_site2
 permit ip any host 10.6.0.2
 # 10.6.0.2 is the IP of the shell

route-map RM_site1 permit 20
 match ip address ACL_to_site2
 set ip next-hop 172.16.0.11

---------------------------------------------

interface VirtualPortGroup0
 description -- GUESTSHELL I/F --
 ip address 10.6.0.1 255.255.255.0
 ip policy route-map RM_site2
 ip ospf 28 area 0

ip access-list extended ACL_to_site1
 permit ip any host 10.4.0.2 
 # 10.4.0.2 is the IP of the shell

route-map RM_site2 permit 20
 match ip address ACL_to_site1
 set ip next-hop 172.16.0.35

Glad all working as expected, we ask for configuration just a pair of eyes to check- good you identified and fixed it, that how we learning things and help the community.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card