Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 1921 Requirements for EHWIC-4ESG

Hi Guys,

I want to install a module EHWIC-4ESG into a 1921 Router.

When I try to enable the service module, it says I've not enough memory ("Memory size does not meet the requirements of Embedded-Service-Engine0/0").

My router has 512MB of memory, but I can't find the memory sizer required to enable the service module ?

Can anyone point me to correct documentation ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Jean-Christophe

3 Replies 3

Hello,

512 is the maximum your router supports, the EHWIC-4ESG requires 256MB, so you should be fine.

Can you post the output of 'show ip int brief'...

Hi,

Below is the show ip int brief:

fab.wifi#sh ip int brie
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Embedded-Service-Engine0/0 10.10.10.1      YES manual up                    down
GigabitEthernet0/0         10.10.10.1      YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1         77.89.158.66    YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/0/0       unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet0/0/1       unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet0/0/2       unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
GigabitEthernet0/0/3       unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
NVI0                       10.10.10.1      YES unset  up                    up
Vlan1                      unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Vlan424                    10.44.24.121    YES manual down                  down
fab.wifi#

Also below is the configuration of the Embedded-Service-Engine and Gi0/0 interface:

fab.wifi#sh run int E0/0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 176 bytes
!
interface Embedded-Service-Engine0/0
 ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0
 service-module ip address 10.10.10.9 255.255.255.0
 service-module ip default-gateway 10.10.10.1
end

fab.wifi#sh run int Gi0/0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 200 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 description DMZ
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nbar protocol-discovery
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly in
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 no mop enabled
end

Thanks a lot for your support.

Hi Jean

512 should be enough

Q. Are there any additional memory requirements for the Cisco EtherSwitch EHWICs?

A. No, the Cisco ISR G2 platforms come with a minimum of 256 MB, which is more than enough to accommodate one or more EHWICs.
Try escalating it to the TAC.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card