cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router-on-a-stick configuration in OSPF?

iamjeffjeff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there friends. First of all, I want to congratulate myself for passing my CCNA R&S and right now I am doing some practice on my own. Here is the situation. I have a network in router A which has a different vlans on it so I configure to run a router-on-a-stick and it runs fine. Later on, I decided to add another router which is router B and it also have different vlans in there (also Router-on-a-stick runs smoothly). Now I want router A hosts to communicate with router B hosts so I used OSPF on it but the problems seem to be on the subinterfaces I think? Because it did not advertised all of the networks inside Router A to Router B. I could see that there is adjacency changes but when I issue #sh ip route all I can see is directly connected and no signs of ospf at all. I am new to CISCO so I hope you guys could guide me on this.

3 Replies 3

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Community Moderator notes: Moved the content to correct community.

Thanks & Regards

mfurnival
Level 4
Level 4

Can you post your two router configs please?

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Your two routers, for their local "stick" routing, don't require any routing protocol for them to route between the locally connected VLANs.  So, if you're enabled OSPF, I wonder, are your local VLAN networks make known to OSPF?

PS:

As Mfurnival has asked, posting the router configs would be a huge help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card