cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router1841 config for mpls communication

Gold.godfather1
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me how can I config a 1841 router?!

I have a Cisco 1841 router that the fast Ethernet 0/0 is connected to g.shdsl zyxel p793h modem ( my wan mpls connection with IP 192.169.213.9  set on this port) and the another fast Ethernet 0/1 port is connected to my LAN swith with the same IP range(192.169.213.XXX) . I can't set an IP on fast ethernet0/1 because overlaps error is haven on router  also the wan network has 255.255.255.252 subnet mask and the LAN network subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Please help me how can I config the both fast Ethernet on router

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nicolasccc
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Gold.godfather1 ,

First of all, You should remove the public IP from the post, there is no need to have that.

You mentionned MPLS communication in the title, who is providing you the MPLS ? Is it a MPLS-VPN ?
Haven't you received any instruction from your service provider ?

You shouldn't use the public IP (public subnet) for your LAN. Instead you should use some prive IP subnet and perform maybe some NAT.

But you need to be more clear about what you want to achieve otherwise we won't be able to help you.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nicolasccc
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Gold.godfather1 ,

First of all, You should remove the public IP from the post, there is no need to have that.

You mentionned MPLS communication in the title, who is providing you the MPLS ? Is it a MPLS-VPN ?
Haven't you received any instruction from your service provider ?

You shouldn't use the public IP (public subnet) for your LAN. Instead you should use some prive IP subnet and perform maybe some NAT.

But you need to be more clear about what you want to achieve otherwise we won't be able to help you.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card