cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Routers can ping managment IP addresses but cannot ping subinterface

I have 2 routers a 2911 and a CGR2010.  The issue is that the router that has already been in place is able to ping the management IP address of the new router that has been added however it is unable to ping the subinterface of the new router.  The new router is able to ping all interfaces of the router that was already in place.  I've tried to add routes to the network that is on the new router and have EIGRP configured on both routers as well however I cannot get the router that is in place to see the network that resides on the 2911.

4 REPLIES 4
Beginner

Re: Routers can ping managment IP addresses but cannot ping subinterface

Hello,

Several things to check:

First of all, does management interface is it in mgmt vrf?? If yes, then existing router obviosly cannot ping other interfaces because mgmt vrf has its own routing table than the global routing table where all the other interfaces are.

If you check this then hopefully you would have an idea what to do next.

Alternatively, please ask further..!

Happy to look into the configs.

Peace

B

How would I find out if the management interface is in the mgmt vrf?  

VIP Advisor

Hello

@DavidMadera1971 wrote:

How would I find out if the management interface is in the mgmt vrf?  

Sh ip vrf interface brief

kind regards
Paul

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future

In running the sh ip vrf command there are no interfaces configured as vrf.  The management IP is on the loopback address for the router that was already in place.  The management IP address for the new router is a bvi as there are 2 switches that needed to connect to the router on the same subnet.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here