Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing 2 Internet Subnets to 2 Ethernet Segments Independently

astramaglia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question that I'm having some trouble solving. I haven't been able to find anything even remotely close on Google or Cisco's tech support site that suits my requirements.

I have two separate ISP connections. Each ISP connection routes me a completely different Class C range.

I have 2 T1 WICs in a 2611. Each WIC is connected to one of these ISP connections.

The 2611 also has 2 Ethernet ports. One of these Ethernet ports is assigned an IP address from the first ISP's class C. The other Ethernet port is assigned an IP address from the other class C.

How do I configure the router so that Serial0/0 (the first T1 WIC) routes ALL traffic for the first Ethernet0/0 interface, and Serial0/1 (the 2nd T1 WIC) routes ALL traffic for the second Ethernet0/1 interface?

So in other words, Serial0/0 is the default route for all traffic on Ethernet0/0 and Serial0/1 is the default route for all traffic on Ethernet0/1.

This needs to be done statically (no routing protocols) as the ISP does not allow routing protocols for our type of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Anthony

2 Replies 2

sachin
Level 1
Level 1

You can do policy routing on the router.Like

route-map my_set_gateway permit 10

match sourcee_ip address from ISP1

set next hop IP is serial0/0

router-map my_set_gateway permit 20

match source_ip address from ISP2

set next hop IP is serial0/1

For matching you need to create access-list. For more details you can refer route-map commands.

HTH,

Sachin Jain

gopal_4476
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can try wirh policy based routing for this issue. Create access list for respective subnets which you are going to route to the specific isp`s and map the access list to the route map .

Regards

Gopal

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card