cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing design for 500 little centers

antonio.pezuela
Level 1
Level 1

I have to design a routing scheme for 500 little centers were occasionally users will conect (only one user). Those center will conect with our central places for getting access our applications.

Our PMO wanted use dynamic routing with OSPF, but i think we can user other thechnique like ODR (if we can run CPD). Do you know any alternatives?

5 Replies 5

don't forget that ODR can work only between Cisco devices.

How will be those centers connected to a central Office? some art of Dial? VPN?

If remote centers will need only a single IP, you could try to implement a kind of DHCP server and all centers are in the same subnet.

We will use some kind of MPLS for connected places. We have our fiber and they will build a MPLS over it.

should all of remote sites have a subnet  or it's enough to give each a single IP from the same subnet?

IGP for  500 remote site is not as simple as may look like,  I could say that e.g. OSPF  will get for sure a problem if all sites will be in the same area.

ODR works only for cisco devices but would be really good for your scenario.

EIGRP is pretty gut, fast and simple but again only for Cisco.

RIPv2 may be not so bad idea in this case.

Ionut.Hristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can make DMVPN with ODR to inject the default route to spoke's.

antonio.pezuela
Level 1
Level 1

We will use 2 little vlan's (2 subnet) in each center because we will use NAC and one subnet will be for "safe" devices and the other one for "quarantine" devices. Can we advertise 2 subnets with ODR?

I think the ideal solution is ODR because it will be ocasionaly used, because OSPF will be difficult for manage and we will need some areas (more than 10), because usually we will have SOHO routers in spoke sites.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card