Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing issue with asa 5505?

I ran into a issue at a customer site that has me scratching my head. The setup is as follows

ASA 5505

0/0 set for internet access (Outside)

0/1 set for internal (inside)

0/3 set for Wifi Controller

Everything works as designed with no issues. We were decommissioning some old 2003 servers... When I shutdown a particular 2003 server the internet shuts down for the business. Bring the server back up and everything flows normally.

There is no ICS internet sharing through that server.. there are no certificates, no custom routes and no custom rules for that server besides an object in the ASA. 

Any direction that you could point me in to see why just this particular server stops the ASA from external communication?

5 Replies 5

Hello

What the default nex-hop from the ASA, Is the server providing any routing, proxy etc.. 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

ASA 0/0 direct to ispASA 0/1 direct to port 24 on switchASA 0/3 Cisco WAP controler.
The server plugs into port 3 on the same switch.

Hello

Can you post the config of the asa please?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

The server can be for the network:

-a DNS server

-a proxy server

-a dhcp server

-active directory with policy etc. 

You must know the ip address of the server and search to see under which config is the object applied on the ASA. (dhcp relay, dns server under dhcp server, proxy server on the hosts config etc)

Another guess: The old server is the DNS-server for the company?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: