Replies

Routing issue

blue4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

In cisco switch 3640 we have two routes as below:

192.168.40.0 via tunnel0

192.168.0.0 via serial1

Now I want to ask that , if traffic comes into switch for route 192.168.40.0,would it not be routed via serial path, or traffic destination 192.168.0.0. routed via tunnel.. how do I specify exact path when such scenario comes ?

3 Replies 3

mrinmoy.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What is the netmask declared for the subnet whose routing is pointed towards the tunnel0 interface? If it is /24 it will take the Tunnel0 interface, as longest match is preferred first.

Routing thru the serial0 has been done for /16. So it is not the prepared path.

Ok that's fine.. My one question is Can we put traffic on priority based on protocols like I want to set priority to UDP packets in cisco switch 3600

Hi,

U can definitely prioritise the traffic using QOS.

Define an access-list where in u will match any traffic using UDP service.

Then create a class map and match the access list in that. after that create a policy map where u will have to match the class map which u have defined in the earlier step.

After that, within in the policy map , u will have to prioritise the traffic either using DSCP or using IP precedence. The DSCP value ranges between 0-63 with 0 being the lowest and 63 being the highest. the higher the value , the more is the priority. The same is the case with IP precedence also. However, in IP precedence , the value ranges between 0 - 7.

Finally u will have to apply the poicy map in the outgoing interface as SERVICE POLICY OUTPUT.

Hope this will serve the purpose.

Pls rate the post.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card