Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing problems in multiple subnets.

sebell111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a little project for my studies all in packet tracer. I've configured all ip addresses in subnets, vlans etc. However I cannot get a succesfull ping from my subnets to any router outside. I've set up frame-relay connection between 3 routers where 2 of them are point-to-point connected to the router named R0. I want those 2 to only connect to R0 router and then to the server that want to set up as HTTP later which is directly connected to R0. Also I want the subnet that uses DSL modem to have the access to the same HTTP server.

Please help me solve my problem, and if you have any useful tips for me about my topology feel free to tell me. Also most of you probably have already seen a similar topoly somewhere as I tried to connect a few ideas that I found in Internet.

6 Replies 6

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear sebel111,
i was checking your configuration and the routers mentioned by you, doesn`t have default route
do you would like work with static routes or dynamic? like eigrp, ospf, rip...

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thank you for quick reply,

It is my bad as I wiped out most of the routing configuration I was using since it was not working. It honestly doesn't make much difference which routes to use although I was trying to use Eigrp. But even then there were some issues which I couldn't find solution for. If you could give me any advices on how to make it work I would appreciate it a lot.

So to test I used static route and everything works fine here.

To work with eigrp, there are several settings you will need to make.
Jaderson Pessoa

ON R2: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 201.160.3.1

ON ISP ip route 210.10.0.0 255.255.255.0 209.160.1.1
ON R0: ip route 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 201.160.1.2
ON R0: ip route 172.168.1.0 55.255.255.0 201.160.3.2

just it and all works fine.

Jaderson Pessoa

I applied all the routes mentioned by you as I'll probably have to be ok with static routing and it all seems to work. Do you have any advice on how to configure my R3 to work the same way. I should probably mention tho that I was aiming to set my Multilayer switch to handle routing inside the LAN and it does that but it also seems to stop all the traffic from my LAN to go outside. I can ping R0 router from my Multilayer switch tho.

For multilayer do it:

ON R0: ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 209.160.2.2
ON R3: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 209.160.2.1
ON MULTLAYER: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254

and all will works fine.
Jaderson Pessoa
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card