Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing

Mehdi.a.majid1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

when I issue R10(config)#do show ip static route 150.1.3.3 255.255.255.255 then it tells me that it has for example 2 static routes and it shows that which on in active and which one is non-active 

Now my question is that is there any command to show you that how many options a routing protocol (for example RIP) had and why it chooses that best route among the all routing updates received that it had for a specific destination ?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

show ip cef

should give you each available route for a specific IP prefix...

Hi 

As Georg mentioned, show ip cef can be useful to see all the route entries. Now a route could be selected by more specific subnet mask and/or de lowest administrative distance. 

If you are receiving 2 identical entries into your routing table but one of them via EIGRP and the other via OSPF, the router will prefer the route learnt via EIGRP. 90 over 110.

Hope it is useful

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

umeshpathrwal10
Level 1
Level 1
sh ip bgp <prefix>
sh ip ospf route
can be used

For the routing protocols that maintain a topology database there is typically some command that will show you all the entries for a particular prefix. So you should be able to see how many possibilities were evaluated. I am not aware of any command that will explicitly tell you why particular table entries were selected over other entries that were not selected. 

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card