cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160 HTTPS port forwarding error

DorsetDavey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quite basic set up on my rv160, I don't use VPN so the error I am getting seems a little odd. I am trying to set up HTTPS port forwarding to an internal host. However, when I select HTTPS traffic for both external to internal service I get this error under HTPPS for external interface:

The port of External Service is duplicate with RESTCONF / NETCONF / Remote management / SNMP / OpenVPN!

I am completely snookered now, I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. Anyone can help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The answer to this issue was to go to (using web management UI) Firewall > Basic Settings ...and then disable RESTCONF & NETCONF (since I didn't them, if you do change the RESTCONF from port 443 to another port number).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

@DorsetDavey wrote:

I have a quite basic set up on my rv160, I don't use VPN so the error I am getting seems a little odd. I am trying to set up HTTPS port forwarding to an internal host. However, when I select HTTPS traffic for both external to internal service I get this error under HTPPS for external interface:

I believe you only need to select an external service so port forwarding is allowing ingress from a external host internally into your lan

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

You have to add an internal service to map to, I have attached a screen shot, I wish Cisco would stay out of the small business market if they are going to make it so you need a Cisco engineer to perform such basic operations.

Hello
Ive never used these boxes however PF principle is relatively the same

If you haven’t already please review RV160 PF 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

The answer to this issue was to go to (using web management UI) Firewall > Basic Settings ...and then disable RESTCONF & NETCONF (since I didn't them, if you do change the RESTCONF from port 443 to another port number).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: