Replies

RV160 NAT

Marc OolB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everbody,

I bought an RV160 just to make a nat translation form one router to an network

Topology = Cisco877>>>CiscoRV160>>>>customer network

I  am having this problem, I would like to NAT an adress 172.16.244.22 on my wan port to a 192.168.253.10 adress on my lan side.

So my static nat rule would be Private: 192.168.253.10   Public 172.163.244.22   all traffic.

Now i get the message that i cannot use the IP adres on the configured WANport when i choose this for the public IP adres.

So how do I do this?

Should I use Lan port instead of a wan port?

23 Replies 23

Hello

Have you followed the correct nat guide for that rtr? - here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Ted I did
But step 5 is confusing me I gave may address a fixed IP 179.16.244.22 which is connected with a lan 172.16.244.1/24

I need to translate 172.16.244.22 to 192.168.253.10

But with step 5 I cannot use my wan IP address in my nat rule,

So actually I would like my wan ip (172.16.244.22) translated to 192.168.253.10

Marc OolB
Level 1
Level 1

So If i cannot  do step 5, how im I able to nat  the wan ip to my vlan ip 192.168.253.10 ip adres

Step 5. Enter the starting IP address of the WAN IP address range provided by your ISP. You can map a VLAN to a single or a range of addresses that was provided by the ISP. In this example, we will be entering a single public IP address that the private IP address will map to.

Note: Do not include the WAN IP address of the router in this range.

Hello

Cisco877>>>CiscoRV160>>>>customer network
So you are introducing the RV160 in between the customer LAN and the Cisco 877 and its the 877 that is actualy direclty connected to the ISP as such the RV160 "wan" interface address is connected the cisco 877 lan facing interface?

So as the cisco lan interface subnet would be already being NATTED you can in theory choose a spare ip address from this subnet for your RV160 static nat tranlation 172.16.244.X other than .22

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

So if I have this correct ,  I give my wan an static ip adress of 172.16.244.100.

I set a static nat rule on private 192.168.253.10 >> public 172.16.244.22 >>> all traffic>> interface Wan

this should do the trick ?

Marc OolB
Level 1
Level 1

But now , the other side cannot reach the 172.16.244.22 to connect to .

Hello Marc

Please confirm the current WAN/LAN ip RV160 and the run config of 877 in a .txt file and attach it to the post

Kind Regards
Paul

Marc OolB
Level 1
Level 1

I have no access to the 877 because it is one from our service provider.

It is an existing network which has attached a windows server on one port with IP 172.16.244.10 on it.

On the other side of the window server is the 192.168.253.16.

I put the RV160 next to it connect it with my WAN ip 172.16.244.22 and lan 192.168.253.10 in oder to pahes out the windows server.

Hello

As you dont have acces to the 877 then you your public ip address( 877 lan interface) cannot be changed - Can you draw this out, attach a topology of it - 

Kind Regards
Paul

I dropped an pdf in an zip file.

the black lines is the existing stiuation,

the red one is the new situation

from the rv160 i can ping both networks, the 172.168.102.x and the 195.168.253.1

from server 1 and 2 they can ping also my WAN ip172.16.244.22

The customer has given me ip adres 192.168.253.28.

the service provider has a 877 router with 172.16.244.1/24 on the lan.

Hello Marc
Thanks for sharing -
If you wish at introduce the RV160 in between the windows server and the cisco 877 then you may need to perform some readdressing, To either change the default route for the customer or the ip address for the windows server however we would need to understand:

- What does the windows server provide apart from routing, do you have connection to it externally?
- What does the customer resemble in this topology ( switch/firewall/rtr)

The most simplistic solution I would say would be to relocate the windows server WAN/LAN ip address onto the RV160 so from routing perspective of the 877 and Customer nothing would change.

Remove the wan/lan ip off the windows server, stop it routing and change its lan ip to another ip other than 192.168.253.16 and attach to the RV160 and update any local dns records for the windows server.

This should then allow you to provide NAT from the RV160 for the windows server on its new assigned lan ip

Kind Regards
Paul

Marc OolB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paul,

I want to introduce the rv160 in a parallel way, both paths have to be up so we can do a migration.

so path 1:   877>>>>windows server>>>> customer

path 2  877>>>>>>>>>>> customer

I cannot make changes  on path 1 because of 900 connections depend on this.

Hello
So it now becomes more challenging as its not just a matter of providing the ability to create a single static network translation on the RV160, So before we proceed further can you confirm your end goal in this migration and just to understand you correclty, At present you have 900+ connections hanging off the back a windows server?

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: