Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260W: How to convert to switch?

moheban79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an extra RV260 Router I am trying to use as a switch to extend ports for my network and may be having difficulties accomplishing a stable network as after turning it on other users in our household had issues connecting. I did however try to turn off DHCP server in VLAN configuration settings at the start of setting it up. I also have the source ethernet wire connected to back of the router with the other downstream ports and configured the gateway to be the 192.168.1.1 default used by the main router. I didn't bother to change the starting ip address to a different subnet or a smaller set of numbers excluded from the main router assuming the main router dhcp server would auto assign the ip addresses. Is there something else I should do or just play it safe and set the main router to use 192.168.1.1 - 200 and configure the VLAN on the RV260 to use 192.168.1.201-249 or something?

Also eventually would like to also turn on its VPN capabilities and use it with another RV260W I have in the office. Just not now.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hello,

--> I have an extra RV260 Router I am trying to use as a switch to extend ports for my network

Are you trying to connect the RV260 directly to your ISP, or are you connecting the RV260 to another modem/router that sits in front of it ?

Its connected to another router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: