Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320

fredrikfindahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm quite a Cisco-beginner compared to you all I guess.

I have installed a Cisco RV320  that works well but if a computer with that has a namne beginning with - or sometimes with username - gets connected to the network the RV320 denies internet access.

20 Replies 20

Yes static IP works every time (I think)

I guess what I am after is if there is a relationship between DHCP assigned addresses and your problem. With a 169 address, the PC won't get access to anything. That is regardless of any username or computername.

Ok. I don't see that this has anything to do with the problem though.

I'll try to explain once more:

We have a computershop and workshop. We get loads of different computers to fix every week. Several new ones every day. All of them without a computername beginning with for example "-" ...for example "--HP" gets internetaccess..always (so long as the main problem of the computer isn't just internetaccess ofcourse). The ones that has a name like for example "--HP" doesn't get internetaccess. Always. 99,9% of the computers doesn't have a static IP. Win7, 8 or 10 doesn't seem to matter.

Hello,

do you have a way to bypass the RV320 and hook up one of the non-working computers to the Internet, in order to see if the RV320 is actually causing this ?

I can maybe do that after closingtime some daybut not today I'm afraid. 

I can mention though that we had a D-link router before this one and the problems came directly after we switched so there is a big possibility that it will work directly.

Also...once we change the computername from for example "--HP" to "HP" and restert it gets internetaccess.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card