Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320

fredrikfindahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm quite a Cisco-beginner compared to you all I guess.

I have installed a Cisco RV320  that works well but if a computer with that has a namne beginning with - or sometimes with username - gets connected to the network the RV320 denies internet access.

20 Replies 20

Yes static IP works every time (I think)

I guess what I am after is if there is a relationship between DHCP assigned addresses and your problem. With a 169 address, the PC won't get access to anything. That is regardless of any username or computername.

Ok. I don't see that this has anything to do with the problem though.

I'll try to explain once more:

We have a computershop and workshop. We get loads of different computers to fix every week. Several new ones every day. All of them without a computername beginning with for example "-" ...for example "--HP" gets internetaccess..always (so long as the main problem of the computer isn't just internetaccess ofcourse). The ones that has a name like for example "--HP" doesn't get internetaccess. Always. 99,9% of the computers doesn't have a static IP. Win7, 8 or 10 doesn't seem to matter.

Hello,

do you have a way to bypass the RV320 and hook up one of the non-working computers to the Internet, in order to see if the RV320 is actually causing this ?

I can maybe do that after closingtime some daybut not today I'm afraid. 

I can mention though that we had a D-link router before this one and the problems came directly after we switched so there is a big possibility that it will work directly.

Also...once we change the computername from for example "--HP" to "HP" and restert it gets internetaccess.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card