Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 with Bell Home Hub 3000

Frankz1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I want to install RV325 to use dual wan with Bell home hub 3000, I plan to use Bell home hub 3000 like DHCP server and wifi, and use RV 325 like a switch.

Bell Hub has 192.168.2.1 ip adress 192.168.2.1

I tried to install RV325, changed ip to 192.168.2.2, disabled Firewall, but it doesn't works, I'm unable to ping or to access at 192.168.2.1, I can access this adress to login in Bell Hub configuration only via Wi-Fi..

So, what is the problem?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Hello,

I assume you are using any of the WAN ports to connect to the Bell ? What if you set the WAN interface to obtain an IP address automatically, what IP address does the interface get (page 17 of the attached user guide) ?

--> WAN Connection Settings

--> Select a WAN interface and click Edit.

--> WAN Connection Settings appears. Select the WAN Connection Type from the menu and modify the related parameters as described in these sections:
Obtain an IP Automatically

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/administration/guide/en/Updated/rv32x_ag_en.pdf

Hello, 

sorry forgot to write about it, so 

My plan is to use Bell 3000 for wi-fi, like router and use two lan ports to connect RV325, I have 1,5 Gb with bell.

I connect two Bell 3000 ports to RV325 wan1 and wan2, these ports have 192.168.2.28 and 192.168.2.26, assigned automatically from Bell 3000 DHCP

WAN Connection Settings are set to "Obtain an IP Automatically"

I am a bit not clear what you are trying to do. But I am sure that having wan1 and wan2 in the same subnet will not work. Can you provide some clarification about what you are trying to accomplish?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hello, 

is because I have 1,5 Gb internet sped connection, I can't use it with just one port, this is a Bell limitation, so to get 1,5 Gb I must use 2 Bell hub ports.

Anyways I tried also with only one wan and nothing change, because I'm unable to reach 192.168.2.1 and this is my DHCP    

I am still confused. Perhaps a drawing showing how devices are connected would be helpful?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

just to be sure, is the router in 'Router Mode' ? 'Gateway Mode' is the default, and that assumes that the RV325 the edge device connected to the Internet.

Check in 'Advanced Routing --> Working Mode' if 'Router Mode' is selected...

ok forget about dual wan, it is less important and anyways RV325 doesn't works with just one wan too :)

I want to use my Bell hub 3000 like router, wi-fi service and DHCP server, is ip adress is 192.168.2.1

then, I want to use RV325 like a switch, so firewall disabled, set it like gateway etc

Bell hub 3000  > 192.168.2.1

RV325 I have connected one Bell hub 300 port to Wan RV325 port  

all works in local network if I set ip manually, but I can reach my DHCP server at 192.168.2.1

I can ping antoher computer in the newtwork, but I can't ping 192.168.2.1 

Hello,

is the RV325 in Router Mode ?

Can you ping the Internet from the RV325 ?

RV325 is set in Gateway mode and I have disabled firewall

It needs to be in Router Mode, try and change that setting...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card