cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Cannot Ping LAN

PeteMc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV345 running for about 3 days and updated to v1.0.03.16 when initially set up.

Today I discovered I cannot ping all the devices on the LAN.  Rebooting and moving port locations does not seem to change what I can and cannot ping.  I'm not sure about all of the devices, but at least 3 are devices I was able to ping when the unit was initially set up.

Only changes I've made recently was to the LAN: Static DHCP list.  (Possibly a question for another time on the differences from the RV32x units.)

Thoughts on what's blocking the LAN pings?  So far I haven't seen anything off in the menus.

6 Replies 6

Hello

Can you post the running-config of the device and if applicable a topology diagram.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Had to run out, but will when I can.

Hello,

from where to where are you pinging ?

Do the machines in question have valid DHCP leases?

Take your pick...

Desktop to notebook, notebook to desktop, notebook or desktop to printers or other devices, etc.

Mix of DHCP and Static IPs.  

Should have noted I can ping the RV345. 

Am I understanding correctly that various devices on the LAN are successful if they ping the RV345 but are not successful in ping to other devices in the LAN? If that is the case then please provide these from one of the devices in the LAN:

- output of ipconfig (or other appropriate command depending on the platform) to verify IP address, mask, and default gateway.

- arp -a (or other appropriate command depending on the platform) to show the current arp table.

- attempt to ping another device on the LAN.

-  arp -a (or other appropriate command depending on the platform) to show any updates to the arp table.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Well, apparently it's a gremlin....  Came back this afternoon and I can ping everything as I was able to when the unit was installed. 

Only change I can think of that I made after posting the original message is that in Firewall: Basic Settings I had briefly UNchecked Block WAN Requests and was going to test that via my MiFi.  But then I got a call and had to leave, so I put it back.  

At the moment, everything is working as it was on day one.  I still have a few menus to go through to figure out where things are from the RV32x interface.  Be sure I'll be back if it happens again - or will probably assume it's not a setting I changed and will actually call into Support.   

Thanks all.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card