Views
Helpful
Replies

SA 520W - 1 Machine can only access few web sites other can all

logicspectrum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just purchased a new SA 520W and overall I am very happy with the purchase. However I have found out that my personal laptop has serious issues with accessing internet through the SA 520W.

What happens is that I can go to certain web sites without any problems (google.com, orbitz.com etc.) but I cannot access other web sites at all. Most of the web sites actually are not accessible. Apple.com, microsoft.com etc. I cannot open for the life of me. The machine I have is a Mac Book Proand I have dual boot. I get the SAME result if I boot in OS X and in Windows Vista. So I do not think it is a OS issue.

When I changed the SA 520W with my cheep router I got no issues what so ever. I can access everything I want.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you must be using pppoe

under interface bvi

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

Thanks for the reply. I adjusted my Network settings on my laptop and more specifically the MTU on the Ethernet to 1492 and now all works fine.

Can you elaborate more on the interface bvi ? Is this something you wanted me to change of the router or on the laptop?

Thanks again.

Yuliya

What Paolo suggested is for your router interface not for your laptop.

BVI is Bridge Group Virtual Interface.

With BVI, You basically bridge 2 interfaces together using a bridge group. The physical interface goes under the bridge group and the IP address goes under the BVI interface

Here is more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094663.shtml#irbconfig

HTH

Reza

Can You explain how to setup this BVI? I have an optional WAN port with fix routing setuped as intrenet conection. NAT is turned on....I have 6 PC-s in network....4 PCs working fine other 2 not....can not open any web except google, and othersmanitioned .....as I go to bandwidthplace.com to test speed i get upload 0 kb from these machines, from other 4 i get regular speed .....

I try to setup my WAN MTU on 1492...but still same thing...

When i replace this SA520 with other cheap router everything working fine......

SA520 is not IOS router.....so previous solution is not aplicable.....?

WHAT COULD BE A PROBLEM WITH UPLOAD SPEED?

REGARDS

I solve this issue as i configure WAN port as dedicated wan and remove optional

WAN as dedicated WAN port...The thing is that traffic is totally different when you configure WAN port and Optional WAN port in same way....

I dont know what is this.....

REGARDS

fisko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card