Views
Helpful
Replies

same bgp AS differnt vrf on 29xx

impervainc
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

did anyone here ever tired this seniro ? i have a router with few vrf's on it  and i want to create two  vrf running bgp with the same AS and then run an ibgp session between them.

thank you all for your help.

Amir.                  

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Amir, was there a specific reason for creating the ibgp session between them? I haven't seen this before but I have seen 'route leaking' if this is the type of thing you want to achieve.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/68-network-infrastructure/696-using-bgp-with-vrf-lite-for-shared-service-support.html

http://packetlife.net/blog/2010/mar/29/inter-vrf-routing-vrf-lite/

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hello

Run IGP ( ospf/eigrp/isis)  for the intial routing and nlri connectivity and then have bgp over the top?

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

as explained by Bilal you can make possible communication between two VRFs using the MP BGP import/export process by playing with route targets.

You don't need to setup a BGP session between the two VRFs to exchange routes.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

impervainc
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

so i did manage to do so but it seems that i had to use the same major AS  as i gave the other two VRF, when i configured it in a different way it didnt work the IOS gave me an error of wrong AS number.

thank you all for  your help and ideas !

Amir Avraham.

IMPERVA.

Correct. You cant have BGP configured with several AS-numbers no the same router, only 1.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card