cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Save DHCP table inside of the external flash in a 2801 router.

Hello everybody,

I want to know how to storage the DHCP IP table in a external flash of a router. This is because the router is switched off and switched on everyday but I want that it remembers which MAC is associated with which IP when it starts again and avoid IP duplicate problems. The command "lease" doesn't seem useful here.

I was looking for some info in Cisco docummentation, but finally I found nothing...

Someone knows how to do that or have another idea which help me to solve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Marcos.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

ip dhcp database  flash:/xxxx  is the command you're looking for, you could also disable conflict logging in case you were not saving the database with no ip dhcp conflict logging command.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Hi,

flash:/ is internal but replace by the external flash path for your need.

Concerning conflict logging: if you don't save the binding database it's best to disable conflict logging with: no ip dhcp conflict logging global configuration command to alleviate the problems when the router reboots.

Regards.

Alain

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

ip dhcp database  flash:/xxxx  is the command you're looking for, you could also disable conflict logging in case you were not saving the database with no ip dhcp conflict logging command.

Regards.

Alain

Thank you so much Alain!

What do you mean with disable coflict logging? I think that is just information for troubleshooting. How can disable it help me?

Thank you again in advance. Your information is very appreciated.

Marcos.

Almost forguet!

The command ip dhcp database  flash:/xxxx will save the DHCP table into the internal flash or intro the external flash (the extraible card)??

Thanks!

Hi,

flash:/ is internal but replace by the external flash path for your need.

Concerning conflict logging: if you don't save the binding database it's best to disable conflict logging with: no ip dhcp conflict logging global configuration command to alleviate the problems when the router reboots.

Regards.

Alain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card