cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate Internet and LAN Network Traffic

keyyo0200
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of branch offices that currently routes all traffic to the corporate office. Is there a way to separate Internet traffic from LAN traffic that come from the branch office to the corporate office?

In one branch office we have added a second T1 for Internet traffic and the other we have added a DSL line. The branch office with the T1 we have a web filter connected to a PIX515E which is connecting to the T1. I would like to direct Internet traffic thru the web filter to the PIX out to the new T1 line.

The other branch office we DSL modem connected to the router and I would like to send Internet traffic to the DSL modem without distrusting LAN traffic to the corporate office.

Any assistance would be helpful.

11 Replies 11

evsrajatgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi keyyo0200,

You can use Policy base routing in this case.

With the help Policy base routing you can set different next hop for different traffic base on the destination or source of the traffic.

Please rate.

Could you direct me to some documentation

Here is a link for the PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/plicy_wp.htm

This really is your best option for what you want to do.

Here is a link with config examples

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfpbr_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

sanjay.khurana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you pls make one network diagram and send me with ip schem details then i can help to achive ur object.

my email address : khuranasanjay@gmail.com

I sent you a Visio diagram and I also have attached it in the posting. IP address have been changed.

Thanks

Based on what you sent it appears like you could use routing statements.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

then add specific routes as you have listed to the specified network of the destination/nexthop.

for example.

Traffic from 172.16.64.0

ip route 150.225.155.0 255.255.255.0 150.225.155.213

This will take any traffic destined for this network and force it out to the 150.225.155.213 as the next hop.

the all zero's route will send everything else out to the internet.

I would like to divert the Internet traffic to the webfilter and thru the PIX to the internet.

LAN traffic to corporate offic example:

ip route 172.16.64.0 255.255.192.0 150.225.155.213

Internet traffic example:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.64.9

Is this want you are talking about.

yes.

Basically whatever your default routes point to that eventually get to the internet is where you want the all zero's route.

Allother traffic will be pointed directly out to the other route.

Thanks I will try this.

I see that there was a rating given to someone that said to do the same thing I provided but not sure if it resolved your matter or not.

Please confirm if your issue is resolved or if you have questions still.

Thanks,

Rick

sanjay.khurana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bryan,

as per your network diagram, u can do one thing in your router just define default route toward Barracuda Web Filter & Barracuda Web Filter must have a Default G/W toward Pix.

like this

PC->Default G/w - Router Default G/W -Barracuda Web Filter Default G/w - Pix Default G/w - Internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card