cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Configuiration Help

Burke-Center
Level 1
Level 1

I am resturcturing two T1 lines in my cisco 3640. I currently have fractional T1's coming into a controller card seperating the lines. I want to move two of them to a DSU/CSU interface and run the as a full T1 vs fractional. I configured the interface as follows but it will not connect:

interface Serial3/1

description *** PVC to FCA ***

ip address 172.16.1.5 255.255.255.252

ip nat inside

service-module t1 clock source internal

no cdp enable

Almost identical except for the clocking

Please help

2 Replies 2

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Typically if you are connecting to a service provider you want to configure the clock as line. You also should check with the service provider to find out the proper line-code and framing. If you need to make changes to those see the following command reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800880db.html#1019128

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks for the help Steve but all of that information is correct. I am a little stumped unless there is an issue with the ADTRAN on the other end or a conflict in the ARP table using the same address for the interface. Because I used the same ip address from the current interface (Serial 2/0 which runs the fractional T1 connection now) on the new DSU/CSU (Serial 3/0) interface. Any ideas?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card