cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP For ASR1006 -- Will GLC-LH-SM Work????

rafrancis
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASR1006 running IOS-XE 15.0 ADVENTERPRISE, so I would like to know if the SFP (which I got from another router) with part number GLC-LH-SM would work in it  -- it's for a Single Mode connection.  I ordered part number SFP-GE-L= already, but it has not arrived yet so I just want to know if GLC-LH-SM will work in the interim.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SFP-GE-T
SFP-GE-S
SFP-GE-L
SFP-GE-Z
CWDM SFP
DWDM SFP

Supports the following only.  If you use anything else, TAC won't help you.

Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Hi 

I have an issue in my data center, could you please me help out.

I have Cisco ASR1006 router in my data center and a 100Mpbs WAN link (over OFC) is coming from my ISP to my premises. The issue is my ISP is having 100BaseFx module at its end and I am having 1000BaseFx modules in my router. How should I terminate the OFC on my router as 100BaseFx are 1000BaseFx are incompatible ? Please recommend any SFP which I could use at my end in order to terminate the OFC directly on my router. I have an 8 port SPA on my ASR.

ASR 1K chassis can support GLC-GE-100FX module but your 8-port SPA won't support this module (go HERE and scroll down to Table 3).

Don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

thanks leo for the reply. as per the table it seems none of the SFP I can apply to my router for making it compatible with FE100FX sfp at my ISP end.

The SFP will work if you install it on a 5- or 10-port SPA.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: