Views
Helpful
Replies

Shut down virtual interface

m.x
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anyone help me with shutting down an virtual interface, Vi2.1062? Somehow the PPPoE session created two interfaces and I can't see how or correct the error. I also cant post the runnin-config, we've got over 40.000 customers, so it's simply to large. 

Where do I go to correct an error likes this, or where do I start looking?

Any help would be appriciated!!

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello m.x,

can you tell us what device is involved and what IOS type and version it is using?

With 40,000 connected users I think this is at least an ASR 1000 or even it can be an ASR 9000 acting as BNG.

The first one runs IOS XE, the second one runs IOS XR.

Vi2.1062? Somehow the PPPoE session created two interfaces (or there are two PPPoE sessions started by the same client ?)

On the other hand you may be able to clear the undesired PPPoE session and as a collateral effect of this the undesired interface will be deleted.

This is probably the correct approach to this issue.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you all for replying. 

It's on one of our ASR1004's. 

And the client is logged in on two separate locations, causing this error. He doesn't know which, so Im deleting the whole profile. And see what happens. 

Chreers anyways!

Mx.

Hello,

what platform is this on ? I guess you have tried:

Router(config)#no interface virtual-ppp 

?

Or clear the interface first ?

Router#clear interface virtual-ppp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco