Views
Helpful
Replies

Site of origin

sutharhemant90
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have the four routers where CE1-connected to PE1 and CE2- connected to PE2 and the CE1 and CE2 are connected with the point to point link. as this is the multihomed site so i have applied the Site of origin. As per the rules of site of origin that the route will not be advertised to that site where it is originating, but the issue that if i do the shutdown of my point to point link after onward my communication is not happening from CE1 to CE2 and still my routes are getting blocked. Please advice what should be done?

Thanks,

Hemant

2 Replies 2

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

are you using the same AS number in multiple sites and that's why you need to use SoO generally?

Maybe using different SoO values on each of these two CEs would help?

I.e., handling them as two separate sites connected each to the other via a CE-CE line?

BR,

Milan

Hi,

Yes i am using the same AS number at both side and i am also applying the AS override command at PE site so the traffic which is coming from the same AS number will be replaced with PE AS. but the reason of using SOO is that my loop prevention will be happen between CE1 to CE2. i am also using the backdoor point to point link between CE1 and CE2. due to the SOO attribute my PE1 is not sending the routes to PE2. This is the ideal situation of the my network. Assume if my backdoor link goes down due to any issue so is there any possibilities that the my CE1 and CE2 will communicate through the PE1 and PE2??

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card