Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
rishad ahammed
Beginner

SNMP not showing outbound traffic

I have configured snmp on a  cisco 6500 router for a monitoring system which using snmp traffic. But the monitoring system is only showing the incoming traffic on the sub interfaces, so that we are not able to see any outbound traffic. But it is working fine on the main physical interfaces. I am  using the same configuration  in cisco 7200 which is working fine.  Is there any additional configuration for that ?? 

2 REPLIES 2
Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee

Hi,

there's not additional configuration for that.

sub-interface just like any other interface on the 6500 from SNMP perspective.

ENTITY-MIB considered them a completely separate entity & assign them unique ifindex value.

I believe, correaltion is not happening properly on your NMS server for this switch.

Received SNMP data is getting polluted. You need to check the correlation of ENTITY-MIB & IF-MIB.

- Ashok

************************************************************************************************************

Please rate the useful post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for the reply. The issue got fixed. There was nating on the interface and I removed the nating. And it is working fine now.